World-Class Manufacturing. World-Class Performance.
Custom Manufacturing. OEM Design.
Flight critical components and transmissions are demanding applications. At Timken Aerospace Drive Systems (ADS) we utilize the best engineering and manufacturing practices possible for commercial and military aircraft.
We know these units operate in some of the harshest environments in the world, and in some of the most dangerous situations imaginable. And because we know that, we have developed a methodology to ensure that corners are never cut.
- Each new component or transmission order undergoes a complete engineering review by our team of highly experienced professionals using the latest in CAD/CAM capabilities.
- We use Timken’s renowned materials expertise to develop proprietary compounds and surface finishes to reduce wear, corrosion and metal fatigue.
- Precision gear grinding and CNC/DNC machining technology ensures holding the tightest tolerances possible.
- In-house metallurgical lab, NDT inspectors, and customized heat treating capability eliminate third party hand-offs and chain of custody issues.
- Stringent in-process inspections at every stage of production, including advanced gear metrology guarantees fit, form and function of the transmission.
- Each unit undergoes a fully instrumented test, including documentation of critical operating characteristics before shipment.
- All units are manufactured and fully compliant with the quality certification programs of ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9110, and NADCAP